Thursday, June 26th our first appointment, nearly 9 weeks pregnant. I've been sick now since 6 weeks so I'm thinking this has got to be a good sign right? Our appointment is at 10:30, I wake up with a knot in my stomach. It's a dark, dreary day and starts down pouring just before Ben comes to pick me up at work. We drive to the appointment, about 4 blocks from where I work in nearly silence. I can tell we're both very nervous. Of course we wait to get called back, then wait for the Dr. to come in, I mean this is agonizing. Finally he comes in, we chit chat go through the routine then he turns the lights off, time for the ultrasound oh god. I think I stopped breathing for a minute until I heard him say "that's what we're supposed to see", I sit up "you see something?" I look at the screen, I see something! We can see the little tiny baby and the flickering heart beat, tears roll down my face I grab Ben's hand we're both so relieved!
As soon as the appointment is over I call mom and tell her that everything was fine, she's going to be a grandma for real this time, she's also very relieved. Then I call Em. Ben is doing the same with his family while I'm getting blood work done. So relieved, but my stomach still hurts. Oh yeah, I haven't had anything to eat today! We grab a quick lunch then back to work it is. When I got back to work there was an all company meeting going on, so I just had to sit there and try to pay attention while grinning from ear to ear.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment